Monday, December 29, 2008
Friday, December 26, 2008
- Woke up at around 11:30 A.M. Slept at 4 A.M.
- Online all afternoon.
- Made Angel Hair Pasta with Tuna Pesto sauce. It was ok, not too salty. Not bad, but not spectacular either.
- Went to GMall with Ron & his parents. Had dinner at Gerry's Grill. I love the Dinakdakan, & the four seasons shake. We also ordered Chopsuey(more veggies please!), and chargrilled tuna belly.
- Planning to go to the Ob-Gyne tomorrow, since I had mild spotting this afternoon. Didn't feel any pain yet whatsoever. Hopefully everything is ok.
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Sunday, December 21, 2008
2. Ron had a busy day ahead of him so he dropped me off at my parents house after lunch.
3. My family & I went to Chimes Specialty Store in Gov. Sales St. I ended up buying my cousin, Janice's gift, and a tube of Palmer's Cocoa Butter Massage Lotion for myself. Power Hub already has their own shop beside Chimes. It's heaven for gadget geeks, especially Apple lovers, and those looking to dress up their gadgets.
4. Another item that caught my eye at Chimes is a T-shirt that had the text, "Friends don't let friends drink alone". hahaha
5. We had dinner at "Banana Leaf" with Adrian (my brother), and his girlfriend Aisha.
2. Mustela Newborn set (got good reviews from the girltalk forums & a bestseller at the babycenter website. Only available for pre-order online.)
4. Nokia E71, E63(not pictured) or E66 (Still undecided but gravitating towards the e71. My old phone needs to rest.). The difference between the e71 & E63 is that the latter only has 2MP while the e71 has 3.2MP. Also their bodies are different, e63 is made of plastic casing while the e71 has a light metal casing daw. Of course the E63 is cheaper than both the E71 & E66.
5. Canon Powershot G10 (14.7 megapixels! For family outings & trips, because my DSLR is sometimes just too big to fit in the diaper bag hehe. And the vintage look of this camera is quite charming.)
6. Jane Iredale Mineral Makeup( Also got good reviews from makeup artists. And they have a safe rating at the Skin Deep Cosmetic Safety database website.I don't think it's available in Davao yet.)
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Saturday, November 22, 2008
1. You finally stop to smell the roses, because your baby is in your arms.
2. Where you once believed you were fearless, you now find yourself afraid.
3. The sacrifices you thought you made to have a child no longer seem like sacrifices.
4. You respect your body ... finally.
5. You respect your parents and love them in a new way.
6. You find that your baby's pain feels much worse than your own.
7. You believe once again in the things you believed in as a child.
8. You lose touch with the people in your life whom you should have banished years ago.
9. Your heart breaks much more easily.
10. You think of someone else 234,836,178,976 times a day.
11. Every day is a surprise.
12. Bodily functions are no longer repulsive. In fact, they please you. (Hooray for poop!)
13. You look at your baby in the mirror instead of yourself.
14. You become a morning person.
15. Your love becomes limitless, a superhuman power.
16. You discover how much there is to say about one tooth.
17. You finally realize that true joy doesn't come from material wealth.
18. You now know where the sun comes from.
19. You'd rather buy a plastic tricycle than those shoes that you've been dying to have.
20. You realize that although sticky, lollipops have magical powers.
21. You don't mind going to bed at 9 p.m. on Friday night.
22. Silence? What's that?
23. You realize that the 15 pounds you can't seem to get rid of are totally worth having.
24. You discover an inner strength you never thought you had.
25. You no longer rely on a clock — your baby now sets your schedule.
26. You give parents with a screaming child an 'I-know-the-feeling' look instead of a 'Can't-they-shut-him-up?' one.
27. Your dog — who used to be your 'baby' — becomes just a dog.
28. You take the time for one more hug and kiss even if it means you'll be late.
29. You learn that taking a shower is a luxury.
30. You realize that you can love a complete stranger.
31. You find yourself wanting to make this world a better place.
32. If you didn’t believe in love at first sight before, now you do!
Friday, November 21, 2008
1. Nursing nighties
2. Nursing bra, nursing/breast pads
3. robe, underwear
4. slippers, socks
5. pj’s, t-shirts
6. going home outfit
10. maternity pads
11. isopropyl alcohol
12. toilet paper/ wet tissues
14. face towel
15. breast pump
16. baby book
1. change of clothes
2. cell phones, camera/video cam, & chargers
5. Marriage contract photo copies
6. philhealth requirements
7. his toiletries
8. wallet, cash, atm
9. pen, notebook
10. Bottled water
11. ID’s (SSS, driver’s license, philhealth)
1. going home outfit
2. receiving blanket
3. mits, cap, booties, tie side shirts
4. diapers (cloth & disposable)
6. cotton balls/ baby wipes
Other things to bring: garbage bags, dishwashing liquid, plastic spoon & fork, paper plates.
Did I miss anything?
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
"We all make things--we make good, we make trouble, or we make excuses."
"Lending is better than giving--as in lending a hand versus giving advice."
"The silver lining is easier to look for in someone else's cloud."
"Dreams come true for those who don't oversleep."
"Think of work as something you get to do, not something you gotta do."
"What you have will do no good unless you do good with it."
"The key to triumph is its first syllable."
"Today is seldom too early, tomorrow is often too late."
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
- have truck pictures developed & deliver them to the insurance office;
- upload some photos & edit to post on my photography site;
- get a haircut;
- get better so I can go swimming again. (i feel so unhealthy lately)
- buy cellphone load (115)
- Have my picture w/ my Mom (during the wedding) developed & give to her.
Just last year I dabbled with digital photography(out of interest & boredom) & really learned a lot of pointers & tips. But after taking photographs, it takes me so long to actually look at them one-by-one, & make improvements. The result: a lot of un-uploaded,stagnant photos filling my 3gig only memory card. It's just that, when I do get my hands on the computer & the picture editing software, I'm so beat & it's late in the evening.
Hope tomorrow will be more productive.
Monday, April 28, 2008
It's advocacy is to end mass poverty, & hunger. By participating in a vocabulary game, each time you get the right answer, you donate 20 grains(they counted?!) of rice through the UN World Food program.
Now the question... Isn't there a food shortage situation, particularly rice, & other types of crops? Will this affect the donations that go through the site everyday?